Salaries for programmers in this industry averaged $36.92 per hour or $76,800 per year. The highest-paying industry for programmers was animal slaughtering and processing, with means at $53.20 per hour or $110,660 per year.
- Once you earn that CompTIA certification, you not only have new knowledge and skills, you have an industry-recognized credential that potential employers in your job search will appreciate.
- Depending on the company, IT help desk engineers can also work per hour.
- The salary of a help desk engineer can vary depending on their level of education, years of experience, and the company they work for.
- These IT pros are responsible for the day-to-day tech support, analyzing tech efficiencies within their organization and helping to keep the overall quality of technology high.
A technical support representative is responsible for providing strong customer service to colleagues or clients that are calling in for help. This job usually exists in a call center, so these IT pros must possess the strongest of verbal communication skills. In addition to verbal communication, listening skills are equally as important to understand the potential tech problems and troubleshoot on the fly. The main role of a field service technician is to help end users get the most out of their tech equipment. These IT pros are often found traveling to be onsite at customer businesses and homes to help them install or repair hardware and software.
How to Get Started in an IT Support Job Role
Help desk engineers can capitalize on this trend by becoming certified in additional technologies or by developing their problem-solving skills. By doing so, they will be able to provide even more value to their employers and set themselves apart from the competition.
The base salary for Help Desk Engineer ranges from $56,057 to $70,226 with the average base salary of $62,528. The total cash compensation, which includes base, and annual incentives, can vary anywhere from $57,063 to $72,143 with the average total cash compensation of $63,896. A help desk engineer career can be a great way to start your tech career. It’s a field with lots of opportunities for growth, and it gives you the chance to work with a variety of technologies. As a help desk engineer, you’ll answer customer questions and troubleshoot problems. You’ll need to have strong communication skills and be able to think creatively when solving problems. This means that Help Desk Engineers will need to be well-versed in customer service techniques, such as how to handle difficult customers and how to resolve problems quickly.
How Do I Know If I’m Being Paid Fairly As A Help Desk Engineer?
The average total compensation for a Desktop Support in Chicago is $71,772. Desktop Support salaries are based on responses gathered by Built In from anonymous Desktop Support employees in Chicago.
Service desk technicians work on the IT help desk, or service desk, so their ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients is vital. They work closely with other members of the IT support team and have a lot of opportunity to learn from other IT specialists.
Average Help Desk Engineer Salary
With more online, real-time compensation data than any other website, Salary.com helps you determine your exact pay target. Help desk engineers may advance to become senior help desk engineers, lead help desk engineers, or IT support help desk engineer managers. As they advance, they may take on more responsibility for training and mentoring new help desk engineers. They may also be responsible for managing a team of help desk engineers and overseeing the work that is completed.
- This means customers are given automated ticketing to ensure their query is directed to the right help desk support engineer.
- Use CompTIA’s IT salary calculator to see how much different IT jobs earn in different metropolitan areas across the United States.
- Those who got bonuses reported rates ranging from 3% to 6% of their annual salary.
- Position salary will vary based on experience, education, company size, industry, and market.
- IT technical support staff diagnose and solve software and hardware problems for computer users.
- If you are thinking of becoming a Help Desk Engineer or planning the next step in your career, find details about the role, the career path and salary trajectory of a Help Desk Engineer.
The first step into a career in information technology is often in IT support services. Demand for help desk services will increase as more organizations provide their customers with online access to products and services.
New Jersey pays Help Desk Engineers the most in the United States, with an average salary of $70,311 per year, or $33.80 per hour. If you are thinking of becoming an IT Helpdesk Engineer or planning the next step in your career, find details about the role, the career path and salary trajectory of an IT Helpdesk Engineer.